Insurance4insulinpumps, a trading name owned by Adeona Limited, has developed an insulin pump insurance scheme, since 2011, for more than 8,000 pumps in the United Kingdom.
Up until 31st May 2018, the premium collection and claims handling was performed by a company called Burnett & Associates Limited.
From the 1st June 2018, insurance4insulinpumps no longer has any commercial agreement with Burnett & Associates Limited.
From 1st June 2018, all new insurance4insulinpump policies are administered by Specialty Risks Limited.
If you took out a policy before 1st June, insurance4insulinpumps does not have any involvement with it as the policy remains with the previous insurer and administrator. Unless you have written to them to cancel your policy or you have cancelled your monthly Direct Debit, you are more than likely to still have your insulin pump insured. We recommend you contact them directly to confirm your cover if you are unsure. Contact details are contained in your original policy documentation or the paperwork they have sent you.
We were previously unable to contact you directly due to restrictions in our commercial agreement with the previous provider but we are now explaining the current situation.
We moved to Specialty Risks because they provide insurance for people who require specialist medical equipment and assistive technologies. We’ve worked with the Specialty Risks management team for several years and we know your insurance and claims handling is in safe hands with them.
The good news is that it’s really easy to set up a new policy with us. We’re very pleased that we have been able to reduce the cost of insurance4insulinpumps cover to £6.95 per month. This is the same amount that our customers were paying when we launched insurance4insulinpumps in 2011. Many of our previous customers have already made the move.
Why should I have my insurance with insurance4insulinpumps?
There are 6 good reasons to have your insulin pump, CGM and accessories insured with insurance4insulinpumps:
- We created insurance4insulinpumps because of a personal difficulty we had insuring a pump. We then spent six months developing the insurance and making sure the claims process was as simple as possible.
- Our claims service is now provided by a team of specialists who understand the critical needs of insulin pump users and their families.
- You can register your claim online 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Not only do we have streamlined purchasing agreements with all the major UK pump manufacturers to dispatch replacement pumps within one working day, we continue to monitor the emerging new UK entrants.
- We have lowered the premium to £6.95, back to the price when we started the scheme in 2011.
- We have developed close relationships with local NHS Diabetes Clinics.